I reported it to my pastoral tutor at university. I didn’t want to report it to the police at the time, as it was my boyfriend who had assaulted me, and I didn’t want to ruin their life. The university refused to help me, for example, move accommodation, unless I reported it to the police. I still haven’t. There must be a way to report confidentially without needing to make a police report – I wanted them to know what had happened, but I feel like I would be put on trial if I took it further, which would further damage my mental health and anxiety around control.